- Grid Station / Sub Station
- Transmission Line
- Structural Design Towers
- Testing & Commissioning
- Supply Of Skilled Crews
- Optic Fiber Cables
- Civil Works
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES, since its inception in Pakistan in 2003, has considerably evolved and grown. It started off as a company of one owner cum engineer, one supervisor, one foreman and twelve employees, maximizing their potential and working in a small one room office to, now what we see as a vibrant organization, operating from ten offices around the globe. NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES comprises of a diverse and talented pool of Engineers, Civil Works and Electrical Designers, Diploma Engineers, Supervisors, Foremen, Electrician and Technicians. We encourage and create a friendly and learning work environment, which excels individuals, and allows them in having the liberty to be creative and think out of the box. We have services of 43 Engineers, 87 Diploma Holders/Supervisors, Technicians, Electricians and General staff of 877 employees all experienced in the area of Grid Stations and Transmission Lines. We have expanded operations in six countries overseas.
NEXT GENERATION BUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS
In the ever-changing business environment, the risk of doing business has exponentially increased. Traditionally, EPC contractors and employers play tug of war at the contracting stage and normally there are no winners in the end. Experience has shown that this state of affairs creates cost inefficiencies and resource wastage. The massive data availability and developments in the ERM tools and future businesses will tend to be based on nearly accurate risk assessments and evaluation, joint understanding and joint risk mitigationand ownership concept. At NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES the business leaders own this vision and it has become a cornerstone of our next generation business strategy.
Grid Station / Sub Station
In the wake of new trends in the energy market, we see a rise in renewables, wind, and solar all contributing to the energy mix. Built Power transmission to Load Centers through HVDC will pose new challenges in construction, energy storage, operation and maintenance. Therefore, NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES is investing in its young and energetic engineering team, by training them in innovative technologies in various international centers to be the next generation technology experts.
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES has completed more than thirty-five Grid Stations in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan ranging from 110 KV to 500 KV. Presently Netracon is completing 3 Grid Stations on EPC basis. Netracon is proud of completing 132 KV Switchyard (2×26 MVA) for Thall Power as EPC project at Layyah in record time of 4 months only.
We are devoted to using latest and sophisticated equipment for installation and testing and commissioning, such as: l 60/100 Ton Low/High Bed Trailers, 25 T Crane, 3 T Crane, Cable Drum Lifters, Hydraulic Jacks, Self-lifting Stands, Transformer Oil Treatment Plants, Oil Test Sets, Circuit Breaker Analyzer, Contact Resistance Test Set, Capacitance and Dissipation Factor (C&DF) Test Set, Winding Ohm Meter and Tap Changer Analyzer Set, 10 kV Insulation Resistance Tester, Transformer Turn Ratio (TTR), FREJA-306 and Omicron Relay Test Systems, Primary/Secondary Injection Sets, Hi Pot Sets, Magnus for CTs, Optical Fiber Splicing Machines (FUJIKURA), OTDRs (JDSU), Laser Source, and Power Meters. In addition to all the latest equipment, we have skilled and efficient technicians and engineers with rich experience and sufficient international exposure.
In 2003, we started our operations in Pakistan by rehabilitation of Transmission Lines with minimum tools, a vehicle and a welding plant. For survey, we used basic survey equipment and prepared profiles manually by using plastic plate templates and locally made gin poles made of steel pipes.Presently, we use the latest equipment and software, namely GNSS-RTK systems for surveys, PLS CADD for data processing, tower spotting and profile output, and for tower design/studies we use ‘Tower’ a well-known design software from Powerline-USA. For tower erection, we have more than two dozen Aluminum Alloy Gin Poles (Italian), Erection Winches (Italian) and numerous other gadgets unknown to our competitors in the area.
For stringing, we have two sets of Quad Bundled TSE (Italian) and two sets of TSE (Italian) for twin conductor stringing, and one TSE (Canadian) set of single conductor stringing all of which are state of art allied equipment and compressors.
We have a fleet of trucks (27), 60 Ton Low/High Bed Trailer, Excavators (12), Concrete Batching Plant, Concrete Pumps, Shovels, Tractors, Cranes (25 Ton), Engine Driven Concrete Mixers (48), and Trolleys among more equipment.
All these resources, in addition to rented resources make NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES the leading construction formation company in the power sector of Pakistan and the region.
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have provided its services to complete more than 2000 KM long Transmission Lines ranging from 110 KV to 500 KV in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Philippines, Kingdom of Saudia Arabia, Ghana, Ethiopia, Cameroon and Georgia. Presently Netracon is constructing one of the most difficult T/line from Golen Gol to Chakdrah across high altitude mountains of Hindu Kush through Lowari Top (3500 M) as EPC project.
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have completed more than 500 Telenor Sites on behalf of Nokia-Siemens Networks (NSN) in the areas of AJK, Gilgit, KKH, Dir, Chitral, Swat, Mehmund, Bajur & Khyber Agencies, Parachinar, DI Khan, Tank, KPK & Upper Punjab. NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have successfully completed more than 50 sites for ALCATAL (France) & more than 20 sites for Wi-Tribe.
Structural Design Towers
TOWER is one of several Microsoft Windows programs developed by Power Line Systems for the analysis and design of transmission and communication structures. All these programs have many features in common. Therefore, if you are proficient in the use of one of these programs, you can quickly master the others. TOWER started as a FORTRAN program in the mid 1970’s and has been continuously improved ever since. It is now used by hundreds of organizations in over ninety countries and is the most widely used TOWER program in the world. TOWER deals with the analysis and design of steel latticed TOWERs. For the analysis and design of poles and frames made of concrete, steel or wood, you should use our PLS-POLE program.
Testing & Commissioning
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES is privileged to have all the necessary resources for Construction, installation, Testing & Commissioning equipment/Tools like Concrete Batching Plant, Concrete Mixers, Excavator, Loader, 25 T crane, 3 T cranes, Cable Drums, hydraulic Jacks, Self lifting Stands, Transformer Oil Treatment Plant, Oil test Set, Circuit Breaker Analyzer, Contact resistance Test set, C&DF test set, Winding Ohm Meter & Tap Changer Analyzer Set, 10 kV insulation Resister Tester, TTR, FREJA-306 Relay Test system, primary/secondary injection sets, Hi Pot Set, Magnus for CTs, Optical Fiber Splicing Machines (FUJIKURA), OTDRs (JDSU) as well as skilled & efficient technicians & engineers with rich experience & sufficient international exposure.
Supply Of Skilled Crews
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES follows the policy of exposure to raw hand energetic youngsters and provides enough opportunity to get them trained in a shortest period. We are regularly managing Training sessions/Courses on Transmission Line Activites, short session on Optic Fiber splicing/OTDR Testing & implementation of the EHS manuals.
TRAINED MAN POWER
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES supervisors always ensure that all the safety measures are taken during execution of works. The workers are regularly briefed about the HSE measures. Briefing the workers to work on height is being done quite regularly.
Optic Fiber Cables
Optic Fiber has brought revolution in the world of Telecommunication & Power control systems.
NETRACON TECH is actively pursuing the field operations to establish Optic Fiber Links between distant locations in Afghanistan & Pakistan by laying optic fiber cables and installing OPGW Cables.
Under NLCC Project Afghanistan (US-AID Project), NETRACON TECH replaced Shield Wires with OPGW on the existing transmission lines along with installation of the allied equipment as well as testing commissioning of all the OPGW sections already available on the North East Power System (NEPS) of Afghanistan as turnkey Job for Louis Berger / Black & Veatch JV (USA) in 2011.
NETRACON TECH have successfully installed OPGW including fabrication and installation of Peaks over the existing 220kV T/line from Nuruk to Dushanbe in Tajikistan during a period of only 60 days.
Similarly in Pakistan, we were responsible for establishing Optic Fiber Link between Chashma & Ludewala (Sargodha) along 220 kV Power line for NTDC.
Recently, NETRACON TECH have established a few optic Fiber cable links in Islamabad & around for PTCL, Pakistan NETRACON TECH believe in spreading the knowhow of the techniques of installing, splicing & OTDR testing Optic Fiber cables.
In this respect, a workshop was organized by NETRACON TECH in association with Institute of Engineers Pakistan (IEP) at Lahore from December 20, 2010 to Jan 06, 2011.
The purpose was to train the junior engineers & technicians for Afghanistan to contribute to the capacity building efforts of the Government of Afghanistan.
NETRACON TECH have provided ample opportunity to Afghan youngsters to learn Tower Erection skills. Resultantly, NETRACON is utilizing 100% Afghan workers for Foundation & Tower Erection.
NETRACON TECH is enriched with the galaxy of experienced engineers & experts, who can establish design sections in utilities and impart training to enhance the capabilities of their design engineers, Grid Station, Transmission Line Construction, instrumentation & Protection Engineers.
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have design units for Transmission Line as well as Grid Station to undertake the following:
- Survey using GNSS-RTK
- Plan & Profile using PLS-CADD
- Design of Structures
- Tower Design using “Tower”
- RCC Structures
- Grid Station Structures & Buildings
- Grid Station Electrical Design
- Primary Design for Switchyards and Grid Stations
- Secondary Design Switchyards and Grid Stations
- Studies of Existing Design
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have carried out civil work for more than 800 Km of 220/500 kV Transmission Lines. Similarly Control House Buildings/Office & Switchyard Foundation Work etc. for more than 25 Grid Stations. Besides, we have adequate expertise in the field of civil works related to Buildings, colonies, colony roads, water supply schemes, sewerage system & earth work as well as the works of piling & RCC Structure.NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have constructed Control House Buildings for 220kV/500 kV Switchyards of Power Houses, Multistoried Residential Buildings and colony roads along with AC/DC Electric power supply systems and other services of water supply & sewerage. NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES performance & quality has always been hailed by the client.
BUILDINGS, COLONY, ROADS & SERVICES
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES have constructed Control House Buildings for Grid Stations, Multistoried Residential Buildings and colony roads long with AC/DC Electric power supply systems and other services of water supply & sewerage.
NETRACON TECHNOLOGIES performance & quality has always been hailed by the client.
NETRACON is renowned for delivering highly quality maintenance services for Transmission lines and Grid Stations. Specialized teams are geared to undertake storm restoration works, break down rehabilitation works, attending emergency shutdowns, grid station equipment maintenance and emergency works.NETRACON has extensive knowledge and experience of all aspects and can deliver practical, cost effective solutions in difficult and challenging conditions.
Our preventive maintenance modules are meant to avoid power failures and eliminate risk of equipment damages and extend operational life of equipment.
Our engineers are well trained to analyze the root cause of the problem and provide troubleshooting plan bringing your plant quickly into normal condition again.
We have repeatedly demonstrated our ability to mobilize expeditiously for the most demanding situations to restore the power supply system on national and regional levels. A large resource base of manpower and equipment allows us to execute emergent works connected to restoration of power network.
BREAK DOWN REHABILITATION, EMERGENCY SHUTDOWNS AND STORM RESTORATION WORKS CARRIED OUT:
- 220 kV KSK-Mangla T/Line (Patrolling and Identification of missing material, Listing, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/ braces & thereafter welding). “January 2003”
- Indus River Mid-Stream EG (0+8) Type Tower on 30 M high Pile-Structure Foundations near New Attock Bridge. “March 2003”
- 220kV Bund Rd.-New Kot Lakhpat Lahore (T#92 on Hill top in Dara Adam Khel bomb blasted by terrorists). “May 2003”
- 220kV KSK-Bund Rd. Lahore (T# 44 & 44A) including Survey, Profile, spotting of Towers, Erection & Stringing. “July 2003”
- 220 kV Shiekhupura-Ravi T/Line (Patrolling and Identification/Listing of missing Components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/ braces, Tightening of towers). “September 2003”
- 220kV KSK-Bund Rd. Lahore (T#66 & T#67) including Survey, Profile, spotting of Towers, Erection & Stringing. “September 2003”
- 220 kV New Kot Lakhpat-Sarfraz Nagar T/Line (Patrolling and Identification/Listing of missing Components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/braces, Tightening of towers). “October 2003”
- Rehabilitation & Construction of Jacket around the cracked Foundations of 500 kV T/Lin from Guddu to Dadu Sindh. “February 2004”
- 500 kV Transmission Line from Guddu to Dadu (Circuit -I) Remedial Treatment/Re-Casting of Jackets for Cracked Footings. “February 2004”
- 220 kV Shiekhupura-Bund Road T/Lines (Circuit 1, 2,3 & 4) (Identification of missing material, Listing, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/ braces, Tightening of towers & thereafter welding up to 6M). “March 2004”
- 220 kV Guddu-Sibi T/Line including detailed inspection for enlisting missing components, fabrication of missing components , installation & tightening of all the towers etc. “April 2004”
- 220kV Gatti-KSK T/Line. “April 2004”
- 220 kV Gatti-KSK (Site Patrolling and Identification, Listing of missing components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/braces, Tightening of towers & thereafter welding up to 6 M). “May 2004”
- 220 kV Guddu-Sibi D/C T/Line by replacing the collapsed towers with new Towers at Location No: 432, 435, 439, 477, 482, 483, 485, 486, 487, 507, 553 & 558. “May 2004”
- 500 kV Guddu-Dadu T/Line (CCT# I) by replacing the collapsed towers with new Towers at Location No: 340, 341 & 342. “May 2004”
- 220 kV Sibi-Quetta T/Line T# 1 to 72 section (Patrolling and Identification/Listing of missing Components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/braces, Tightening of towers). “July 2004”
- Tower No: 57 of Jamshoro – Dadu T/Line (attending Break Down). “July 2004”
- Rehabilitation of Bomb Blasted T# DG-7 of 500 kV Dadu-Guddu T/Line (CCT# 2). “July 2004”
- 220 kV Guddu-Sibi T/Line T# 1 to 100 section (Patrolling and Identification/Listing of missing Components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/braces, Tightening of towers). “September 2004”
- 220 kV Guddu Sibi T/Line T# 500 to 631 section (Patrolling and Identification/Listing of missing Components, Shop Fabrication / Installation of Short items/braces, Tightening of towers). “October 2004”
- Storm Restoration of 500 kV Guddu-Dadu T/Line (CCT# I) by replacing the collapsed towers with new Towers at Location No: 340, 341 & 342. “March 2005”
- Rehabilitation of Tower No: 57 of Jamshoro – Dadu T/Line (Bomb Blasted Tower). “June 2005”
- Rehabilitation of Bomb Blasted T# DG-7 of 500 kV Dadu-Guddu T/Line (CCT# 2). “July 2005”
- Rehabilitation Works 500 KV Sahiwal-Lahore Transmission Line Towers # 352 to 357 & Towers # 369 to 373 (Stringing Works & Rehabilitation of X-Arms). “September 2005”